Sunday, February 16, 2014

Fixing Clumpy Mascara

Hey y'all! Happy Sunday! I hope you're having a wonderful day. No picture today because I'm pretty sure the flu has come to Courtnietown.
I just wanted to do a quick little experiment that I found on the Budget Savvy Diva website (original pin). Basically, if you have a mascara that is running low or is super clumpy, you can do this quick fix and save it. Now, I can hear some of you hygienists already: "But Courtnie, you are only supposed to use your mascara for _______ weeks. You shouldn't do this", to which I say "If you have enough money to go buy new mascara every _______ weeks, then go for it, but I'm poor. So, let's  make this last!". I don't put on makeup if I am sick and I am certainly no professional who is using these products on other people, so I don't feel bad about breaking this rule. But, I digress.

All you do is put your tube of mascara in a cup of boiling water, like so:


Leave it in there for a little bit (the original doesn't say how long. I just left it in there until the water got cold) and bam, it should be fixed!

And it was! This is a pretty nifty (free) trick to fix your makeup and get a little extra use out of it!

Daily Nugs...
... All I've done is sleep all day because the flu is at my doorstep.
... I'm really behind on schoolwork as a result of said sleeping
... It is 7:40 and I am planning on going to bed after this. Yay for being a grandma.

Xoxo, Courtnie

No comments:

Post a Comment