Monday, October 7, 2013

Disney Palette: Evil Queen

Introducing... E.L.F's Disney's Villains kits!




Today's palette is the Evil Queen from Snow White. These palettes include 1 mascara, two eyeliners, an eye primer, 6 eyeshadow shades, one lip color, and one eyeshadow brush. It also includes instructions for two different looks (night and day). For this post I did the day look on one side and the night look on the other. 



First, I needed to make my face normal. Glamoflauge is my everyday concealer and I just put that on my problem areas, which are many these days. 
          



Then, I use my E.L.F studio blush and bronzing powder in St. Lucia. I use the blush on the apples on my cheeks and just trace the jawline and down my nose with the bronzing powder at a contour. 


Alright, normal face!!


Now, I can finally get started with the stuff in the palette. The eyelid primer first. I really like this formula because I use this primer all the time. I think it is just as good as the higher end products. 

Eyeshadow time! Shadows from top left to bottom right: huntsmen, jealousy, majesty, witch, vanity, and dark magic. The swatches I have are kind of weird looking, but I think these are decent shadows. They're a bit dry, but the pigmentation is really nice, especially majesty and dark magic. They are all also fairly shimmery shades with the exceptions of vanity. 
The day look uses the top three shades. Huntsmen is used as a highlight under the brow bone and the inner corner. Jealousy goes all over the lid. Majesty goes on the outer corner and is blended into the crease. The night look uses the bottom three shades. Witch is used at the highlight, vanity is used all over the lid, and dark magic goes on the outer corner and crease. Dark magic also is smudged on the bottom lash line for a smokey eye effect. 



Then I used the pencil eyeliner on the day look and the liquid liner on the night look. I should probably state here that I HATE applying liquid eyeliner that uses a brush applicator. I always freak out and get shaky. So, as a warning, the eyeliner on this is not perfect, but I tried my very best. 
    

Next are lashes. I used the mascara in the kit and it was pretty good. It resulted in a little bit more clumpy lashes that I like, but for a mascara that is usually a dollar, it is pretty awesome. I curled my lashes before and after I applied mascara with my favorite eyelash curler. It's only 1 dollar, like many E.L.F. products and it is the best curler I have ever used. It's really strong, so I feel like my lashes get lots of length. 
Then, on the night look side, I added some fake lashes. 


Finally, lip color and the look is complete! The gloss was a little weird, but it would probably be good over a lipstick or lip stain. I thought it gave a nice pinkish, berry color. Sorry about the black stuff on my fingers-- sometimes I get messy :)


So, ready for the big reveal??? 
Day time.
Night time. 
Together. Day on the left and night on the right. 

All in all, I really liked this kit. It includes almost everything you need for a full face. They all come out as well, so you don't have to bring the whole box like you do with other kits. Not to mention the fact that it is Disney, and is the villain from one of my favorite Disney movies. I really loved the eyeshadow palette and will probably wear the day look pretty often. I'm really glad that I bought this palette and I cannot wait to try out the next one. 
Courtnie's World...
... I'm watching Big Bang Theory with Tommy
... I have a big test tomorrow. Boo.
... I learned I was a super taster in Psychology. Cool beans. 
... This was the face when my camera moved and I heard a weird noise from my closet simultaneously. No thank you, creepy apartment, no thank you.  

Xoxo, Courtnie














No comments:

Post a Comment