Friday, October 11, 2013

Tag: Confessions of a Beauty Blogger

It has been a long day, y'all! School from 7:30-11, an hour and a half drive to get to work my 1-9 shift. I'm tired! So, here is a beauty tag for you guys since I cannot edit pictures/videos and get a post together in 2 hours. Presenting: Confessions of a Beauty Blogger Tag!

1. How many hours a week do you spend planning/writing/uploading posts?
I probably spend about 3 or 4 hours a day, but that's only because I cannot focus on one thing for more than 5 minutes. So, the amount of time I spend per week would be around 20. That's a part time job! Don't ever say I don't love y'all. 
2. Are you a spender or a saver?
Ugh. I'm a hardcore saver in everything except beauty. It's an internal conflict every time I want to buy anything over 5 dollars, which is almost EVERYTHING. Woe is me. Moving on. 
3. When is it easiest for you to write your posts?
I always do my posts when I am done with school. I also attempt to have almost everything prepared (pictures, videos, blog ideas, etc) before the weekend hits. Once I work 9 hours a day, I don't really want to do a video or a make-up tutorial, which takes forever. So, it is easiest for me to do the blog stuff while I am still rolling on with the day. If I stop for a second, I never get anything done.
4. What makes writing posts comfortable for you?
I'm really new to this, actually. I'm just still on a high of actually pursuing this thing after thinking about it for years. Also, the support from my family and friends is amazing. 
5. What’s your worst make up/hair habit?
Oh, we have gone over this over and over again. My hair is crazy, my nails/hands are weird. 
6. What’s one quote you wish the world would live by?
Oh lord. As an English major, I have so many. I guess it would actually be a bible verse: "For 
what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." I don't think this has to just mean God as the unseen, but also the positive emotions we have (love, trust, loyalty, etc). This is quote helps me with my anxiety, reminding myself that the temporary is so fleeting and insignificant. 
7. How long do you spend getting ready everyday?
Alright, this is a confessions post, right? So, I wake up at 6:55 and some days I don't leave until 8:35. This is not because I am showering, getting dressed, doing my hair etc. for almost two hours. On the contrary. I watch YouTube videos, check my email, and other computer stuff until 8. Yupp, I'm a nerd. 
8. What’s your favorite post on your blog?
I think it may be a tie between my two Disney palette posts, but I think the Evil Queen may be my favorite. 
9. Who is a beauty blogger that you think deserves more subscribers that they have?
I don't know why this is double spacing, I'm sorry. Anyway, do YouTubers count? If so, I love Melphs! She is crazy and wonderful. She reminds me off all the crazy Southern Belles that I know and love. 
10. What’s one thing you’re excited about in the coming year?
Well, it isn't makeup related, but my Daddy's side of the family is getting together and we are all renting a big cabin for Christmas. I cannot even express to y'all how excited I am! I only get to see my family twice a year and a lot of the time we are working, so we are never all completely together. This year will be different! I'm so excited!!! Can y'all tell?!?! YAY FAMILY!!!
11. What’s been your favorite blogging moment?
I would have to say when I broke my first 100 views. I know 100 isn't much, but I never thought I would reach that many that quickly. I'm way past that now, but I just remember that moment so well. I got butterflies when I saw that number. 
12. How long does it take to prep for a post?
Now that I have all my blog topics from now until the new year written down, it all goes a lot faster. Usually I take lots of pictures so I can choose from the best. Prepping for a post can take anywhere from 20 minutes to a couple hours. 
13. Are you wearing jeans/skirt right now or are you wearing pajama bottoms?
Sweat pants, y'all caught me! Pretty much as soon as I walk in the door, and I know I will be in for the night, jeans come off and sweat pants go on. 
14. What are you most proud of in your life?
Oh, Lord, I don't know. I want to say seeing my boyfriend graduate from Navy boot camp was the most proud moment of my life. Most proud of in my own life though? I really don't know. I don't think I have accomplished something that significant in my life yet. 
Well, that's everything! I tried to find a shorter one than the last two I did. Until next time!

Courtnie's World...
... I have a huge fountain Dr. Pepper right now, mmmm. 
... My feet hurt from standing all day at work
... I'm editing a video for Monday's post. Tommy is going to be a special guest. Can you guess what we are doing???

Xoxo, Courtnie

No comments:

Post a Comment