Thursday, October 3, 2013

Get to Know Me: The Beauty Blogger Tag!

Why not celebrate October with another tag? Maybe I will do one of these every day  I thought this one would be good since we are just starting this thing together. So, let's get started!

1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
It's somewhere in between, but I would say mostly curly. It would be even more so if my hair wasn't so heavy and thick. Y'all know how I feel about my hair.

2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I do it myself. The one time I got it done in the salon, I thought it looked like red velvet cake. Sounds nice, and everyone liked it except me. I haven't dyed my hair in about a year now, so it is reverting back to its natural color. Once I get it cut, I will be dying right after. 

3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
My hair is always up or away from my face in some way. That means ponytails, buns, headbands, etc. So, yes and no, for this one. 

4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
Ha! I've gotten a manicure once and a pedicure once and I HATED it. So, neither. 

5. How often do you change your nail polish?
I don't wear nail polish. Ever. 

6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
I don't polish my toes ever.

7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
My everyday makeup takes about 15 minutes. If I am doing a holiday makeup, or if I am distracted while doing my makeup, it could take almost an hour. It just depends on how intricate I want to get. 

8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Face first, since my eyes are a part of my face. I feel like a I can concentrate better when my face looks normal. Plus, it takes me much more time to do my face than my eyes. So, I don't want my eyes to be done and the rest of my face be naked if I am rushed and I don't have time for everything. 

9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
Ha! I would have to say I am a collector. If I bought makeup when I need it, I would probably only have one blush, eye shadow pallets, foundation, etc. Instead, I have huge bags of makeup. I have a whole room of my tiny apartment that is dedicated to my makeup, blogging, and dressing. Considering I only have 5 rooms in this place, that's a pretty big deal.

10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Hardly ever. I only wear them on special occasions or for costumes. I really don't enjoy putting them on because my eyes are extremely sensitive. I have been trying to explore different lashes and glues to see if I can find something that works. I really like the way they look. I just wish I could wear them more.

11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
Most days, yes. For me, it's basically all or nothing. I feel like I look weird if I only do some parts of my makeup routine. Some application is lighter than other, or the colors I use are lighter. All in all, I do wear makeup almost every time I leave the house. 

12. Do you wear makeup when you're home alone or with family?
Not really. As soon as I walk in the door, I usually take off my makeup and shower. I do wear makeup if I am going to family parties, which happen once a month or so. I can go either way. 

13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Yes. I actually went through a phase for about a year where I didn't wear make up much at all. I won't put on makeup if I'm only going to Walmart. I don't feel like I need makeup to look normal. 

14. How many high-end products do you have?
Hardly any. The only high end products I have are gifts. I am a drugstore diva for sure.

15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you're getting dressed?
Since I wake up pretty early and it takes me a long time to decide on decent outfits, I plan the night before. If I don't, I would wear tee shirts everyday. 

16. How often do you change your handbag?
Well, during the school year I don't use a purse, I use my backpack. I only have 3 bags, so it depends on what I am doing. I have one fancier one, one cloth messenger bag, and one small leathery bag. 

17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
For school I wake up around 6:45am and go to bed around 10pm. When I work mornings at Panera I wake up at 4:30am and go to bed around 8pm. I think I should mention that I have only slept past noon once in my 20 years of living. 

18. How often or when do you workout?
I don't really work out at all. I walk a couple miles every day at school and go on walks in the evening sometimes. I really need to start working out again. 

19. Left handed or right handed?
Right

20. How tall are you?
5'3''

21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
I know a little bit of Ukrainian, thanks to my little sister Luda. Other than that, no. 

22. How many pets do you have?
One, my sweet pups, Norman

23. How often are you on Blogger?
I actually just wrote out every blog topic that I will do until the new year! Tell me I don't love you guys (and maybe being organized). So, every day!

24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Yes! I like to read people's responses and their personal reviews. I wish you guys would comment more! :)

25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
No, but I probably should!

26. How did you come up with your blog name?
Well, at first I knew I wanted to do something with Pinterest and makeup, and I'm a babe(haha! just kidding), so there we go. 

27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
I just use the photo ability on my video camera or I use my phone. 

28. How often do you clean your house?
I try to do laundry and dishes throughout the week. Floors, bathroom, and big cleaning I leave until Saturday. 

29. What's your favorite color?
Purple!

30. Do you swear?
Sometimes.

31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Getting ready for school tomorrow (getting my backpack and outfit together), shower, proabably start on another blog post, and sleep. 

Phew!! That was a long one. 

Courtnie's World...
... I'm watching Big Bang Theory with Tommy
... I made breakfast for dinner, one of my favorites
... I have a strong urge to read Pride and Prejudice
... I'm going home to visit my family (and work a little bit) this weekend! Yay!

Xoxo, Courtnie

No comments:

Post a Comment