Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Tag

Happy October!! I thought I would start out the month with one of these beauty tags. So, without further ado, The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Tag.
Props to Natalie Dee, for creating the image that explains my life. 



1. Name a beauty regime that you rarely do?
Does getting your hair cut count? If not, I would have to say basically anything to do with styling my hair with any sort of heating tool. My hair is just way too long, thick, and stubborn to do anything it doesn't want to do i.e be curled, straightened, or sometimes behave at all. 
This is how I woke up one time. Oh, my hair...

2. Is washing your make-up brushes something that you do regularly?

Yes! I don't think my brushes work as well when they have a bunch of product built up on them. I would say I wash them at least every six weeks or so. There are some really easy, cheap, DIY "brush shampoos" that you can do. This one is my favorite. When it is so easy to do, there is no excuse for it not getting done! P.S: I actually lost ALL of my make-up brushes in the move :'(, but I am hoping that they will turn up somewhere soon. 

3. How long will you last with chipped nail polish?

Oh, if only you all knew how low nail care was on my list of things to do. Maybe that should have been my answer to number 1. I used to bite my nails all the time; now I am addicted to clipping them with nail clippers. My nails are ALWAYS all the way down to the quick. I have tried fake nails for a hot second, but my nails have always been so short that I cannot do anything with nails. I don't think I have painted my nails since middle school, which was a long time ago. Moving on...

4. How long will you put off buying/replacing a beauty product, even if you need it?

Hmm, this depends. Usually, if it is something I used almost daily, I keep a little stockpile of them. For example, I have 3 Covergirl LashBlast mascaras. So, I can replenish these items before I completely run out. If it isn't one of these products, I could probably hold out for a long time. I mean, some things are the same to me. Blush is blush in some cases. So, unless I think it is something special, or something I use every day, I can put it off for quite a while, if not forever. Also, the fact that I live paycheck to paycheck helps with the whole not going out and spending 100 bucks on make-up. 

5. What is your worst beauty habit?

Probably the extent that I clip my nails. I don't want to gross you guys out, but I also clip my cuticles and the skin around my nails too. Not to the point where they bleed, but yeah, my hands are a wreck. Just don't look at them and we can all sleep a little better at night. 
I know this is y'all's face when you read that.

6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time?

Uh, everything? I am the procrastination queen. In fact, this post probably won't even go up til tomorrow because I need pictures for it, something that I don't really want to do right now. The thing that I put off the most would probably be homework or anything to do with school. I'm the girl that is writing the paper ten minutes before it is due. What can I say? I work best under pressure, or maybe I just tell myself that to feel better. 

7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready to the last minute?

I actually usually end up being ready way too early and then I have to touch up my hair or make-up. If I am in a rush, but still have time to do everything, getting dressed is usually the last thing I do. It takes me forever to pick out an outfit that I am satisfied with. If I were to get toothpaste or make-up on my shirt it would put me way behind schedule. So, I just get ready in my PJs or robe and then change when I'm done. 

8. Can you commit to spending bans?

Right now, my beauty budget is pretty much non-existent. Obviously sometimes I break that rule. I'm going to need to go shopping eventually. When I do go shopping, I usually end up spending a ton because I have put off buying things for so long. You would think that I would have learned by now. 

9. How organised is your make-up and nail polish collections?
I used to be really organized, but I just haven't really found the motivation to set up everything in the new apartment. Eventually I will get tired of looking for everything in my huge bag of makeup and will get myself together. Until then, my stuff is really just scattered all over my computer desk and vanity. 

Phew, done!! I never realized how horrible I am about these beauty basics. Oh well, we are all only human right?

If you are looking for something to blog about, consider yourself tagged :)

Courtnie's World (Daily Nuggets)...

... I'm writing this at 8pm and I am already exhausted. Why am I a grandma?
... I bought some Blue Raspberry soda today. Soooo good
...Wanna hear a joke? A horse walks into a bar. The bartender looks at him and says "Hey, why the long face?" My grandpa's favorite joke <3
... I need clothes, badly. Donations welcome, lol.

Xoxo, Courtnie

No comments:

Post a Comment