Friday, October 4, 2013

DIY Pore Strips

This is a testing of one of my pins from my beauty DIY blog. The pin is from the blog Petit Elefant. The creator states that this is a homemade recipe for the Biore pore strips, or something like it. Those little suckers are like 12 bucks for a box of 14, which I think is ridiculous, so I was really excited to try this. What you need for this is:
1. 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin
2. 1 1/2-2 Tablespoons of any type of milk
2 ingredients, that's it! The gelatin is super cheap, and I'm sure you already have milk. Now I was really excited! All you do is mix the ingredients and pop it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. 
After that, you just put it on your face. She said you could just put it on problem areas or all over your face. She did it all over her face, so I thought I should too.
Okay, so you are supposed to wait 15 minutes, or until it is so dry that you can't move your mouth. If you have ever done any sort of peeling face mask, you know what I'm talking about. I love peeling stuff off my face and seeing all the face demons on them, but I digress. 
So, 15 minutes is up, time to peel. And holy mother of GOD, MARY AND JOESPH, IS THIS RIPPING OFF MY FACE?!?! I am not exaggerating when I say that this was one of the most painful things I have ever experienced. Maybe it is because I have a little bit of peach fuzz all over my face, but seriously, who doesn't? Am I supposed to be shaving my face? Am I weird? I don't know, but this stuff stuck to every. single. hair., or at least that's what it felt like. The worst part? I felt like nothing came off on it, acne wise. I still have some blackheads on my nose. So, basically, I went through all this pain for nothing! 
Have any of you tried this? Did this happen to you? Maybe I should try this again, but just on my nose or chin (my problem areas). I'm a wimp though, so I'm scared. Plus, like I said, I didn't really see any pore junk on it.

I want to be very clear that I am not trying to bash the woman who made this. I don't want angry messages, I'm just saying that for me, this was not okay. I wish it would have because it was super easy. Maybe I will try again soon and see if that was just a fluke the first time. 

Courtnie's World...
... I forgot my video camera at home!! So, unless someone at my parent's house has a camera, there won't be any videos or pictures on the posts until Monday. I'm sorry, guys!
... I had to go back to work today, boo :(
... I hate that I have to drive an hour and a half to get home from school
... I got this new app called Pou and I am addicted. 

Xoxo, Courtnie

No comments:

Post a Comment