Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pin Curl How to/Review

Hey, y'all! How has your Tuesday been? Today, I wanted to give y'all a little how to/review on pin curling. In case y'all don't already know, pin curling is basically just curling your hair without any heating products. Your grandma or great-grandma's probably did this in the past. It can be time consuming, but I 100% think it is worth it. It seems to work with all kinds of hair, so that's wonderful. Let's get started!

All you need for this is some of bobby's pins or some pin curler holders. I have both. By the way, I used every single one of those bobby pins for this. If you have long, thick hair, just prepare yourself. 


I start with damp hair, so this is hair that has air dried for a couple hours and then brushed. 
Take a small section of hair. Now, obviously the bigger piece of hair, the looser the curl. However, when your hair is as long and thick as mine, you really need to be taking sections that are about half the size that I have there. If you have shorter, finer hair, I'm sure you can do whatever you want. Just keep in mind that the whole curl needs to be held by one bobby pin. 
Once you have your section of hair, take two fingers and place them on the hair close to your scalp. 
Then just take the hair below and wrap it around your fingers. You're gonna have to get those fingers out of there, so don't wrap it too tight. 

 Pull your fingers out very gently and you should end up with a little circle of hair. Roll that piece the rest of the way up to your scalp. 
Then, pin that to your head with a bobby pin. You're gonna want to use as few bobby pins as possible because it can leave weird creases in your hair. 
So, just do that to your whole head. This is the part where it becomes time consuming. It took me about 30 minutes to do this and my arms were exhausted. I reasoned with myself by reminding myself that it would take me that long, if not longer, to curl my hair with a curling iron. When I curl my hair with a curling iron, it will stay for maybe 30 minutes. Totally not worth it, but I digress! When you're done, you'll probably look about has hot as me in these pictures. Who cares! No one is going to see you at home that you need to impress. I'm certainly not judging your granny hair. 



Once you do this, just carry on with your evening. You're going to be sleeping in this, so don't do anything too crazy or have a dance party. I use bobby pins instead of the pin curler holder thingys because it is more comfortable to sleep without those bad boys all over my head. Have a good sleep and get ready for nice hair in the morning!



 Good morning! This is me right when I woke up. So, obviously, some things shifted, but for the most part all the curls stayed in place. All you need to do is take all the bobby pins out. Even though I had about a billion of them in there, it only took me about 5 minutes. 


This was the result: no fluffing, arranging, or adding product. Pretty freakin' awesome, right?!? I mean the curls are not perfect, but I don't want it to look super uniform. This hair is pretty much ready to walk out of the door. I would run fingers through and add some hairspray, but that's it! Yes! Ladies and gents, I am so happy this worked out. I can see this being a part of my daily routine now. Before I get too excited, we nee to see if it stands the test of time. I took this picture at 9am. 

This was taken at 1:30, right before I started to get ready for class. Still very pretty and curly.

 Finally, these were taken at 8pm. Still fairly curly, although it is very apparent that they are not anywhere near as curly 12 hrs ago. I have told y'all before that I play with my hair constantly, so this is hair that has been pulled up, taken down, pushed around, etc. all day. I still think this looks awesome, especially since curls made with curling irons would last all of 30 minutes if I was lucky. I am so excited for this! I think this was a wonderful success!!

Well, I'll talk to y'all tomorrow! 

Courtnie's World...
... Tommy and I started watching Breaking Bad. I'm really trying to get into it.
... Tommy tried to make pancakes tonight, but they turned out more like biscuits.
... I'm about to dive into my mountain of homework. Wish me luck, y'all!

Xoxo, Courtnie




No comments:

Post a Comment