Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Mascara Reviews

Hey, y'all! I wanted to do a little mascara review today because I think mascara is one of the most important parts of any makeup routine. I would go as far as to say that mascara is my most essential part of my makeup routine, since my skin is fairly decent. This may not be the case for everyone, but if I only had time to apply one product, it would have to be mascara. So, without further ado, a review of a few mascaras of mine.

This is the E.l.f. Lengthening and Defining Mascara. I believe this one is only a dollar, but I could be mistaken. I got this in my Disney Palettes. For a extremely cheap drugstore mascara, this is pretty good stuff. It has the classic spiral brush head, which I usually don't like, but the formula is pretty good. It can sometimes get clumpy, but that is an easy fix with an eyebrow/eyelash comb. If you are just starting out with makeup, this is a good starter. 4/10


This is the Covergirl professional three in one mascara. The brush is a classic spiral, but it is curved. I feel like you can get more lashes with the curved applicator. Again, spiral brushes are not my favorite, so this is not a mascara I typically reach for. To me, this is more of a volumizing than a lengthening mascara. This is a fairly decent mascara, it seems that many people enjoy this mascara, it's just not my favorite. 6/10

This is the L'Oreal Voluminous False Lashes Mascara. I abhor this mascara. Can you see all the clumps and product on that brush? You cannot even see the applicator (And I took this from the best-looking side). This is such a wet mascara and it gets everywhere. Maybe I got a dud because there are lots of reviews raving about this product. I would tell you about the brush, but I really cannot even tell what it's like under that thick layer of product. I'm really upset that I spent money on this. 1/10

This is my favorite mascara in my collection right now. My favorite applicators are the ones with rubber bristles. I feel like the formula is a perfect balance of wet and dry. I actually think this mascara is the best when it is about half used up, it doesn't put too much product on the brush. The product says lashblast volume, but it gives a fair amount of length too. 8.5/10 

This is the lashblast length, the sister mascara to lashblast mascara. As you can see, this one also has the rubber bristles like the other lashblast mascara. This brush is fairly long, so it really gets those baby lashes in your inner corner. This mascara lengthens to the max! In fact, since it doesn't add much volume, your lashes end up looking kind of spidery. I like to combine this mascara with a volumizing mascara and BAM! your eyelashes are awesome! 7.5/10

Last, but not least, the Great Lash waterproof mascara. I feel like every woman has owned this mascara at one point in their life. The packaging is green and pink and the tube is kind of small. Everyone probably has this because it has been around forever and is sold at any drugstore I have ever been to. I feel like this is the run of the mill mascara, nothing horrible, but nothing special. Again, it has the spiral applicator, so I don't really feel like it gets every lash. It also can get clumpy really quickly. Like I said, this mascara is kind of a "meh", for me. 5/10.

That's all I'm doing for today. I am thinking about taking this posting every day to only posting 5 days a week. I am starting to feel a little burnt out, y'all, and I don't want this blog to become a chore. I don't know, we'll see. I guess just let me know if you really want something going up every single day. 

Courtnie's World...
... I ripped a brand new pair of jeans at Walmart because some lady refused to move and ran into me with her cart. Ugh, I wish we had more grocery stores around here. I hate Walmart sometimes
... I got a bunch of supplies for DIY stuff and Halloween, so be prepared. 
... I'm applying for a writing fellowship on campus tomorrow, so wish me luck, y'all!!

Xoxo, Courtnie








No comments:

Post a Comment