Monday, October 7, 2013

Disney Palette: Maleficent

Moving on to the next Disney Palette that I own, Maleficent. 
I'm going to skip the process of getting to my normal face that I did for the last palette, but if you want to see that, just go here. The palette includes 1 mascara, two eyeliners, an eye primer, 6 eyeshadow shades, one lip color, and one eyeshadow brush. It also includes instructions for two different looks (day and night). For this post I did the day look on side of my face and the night look on the other. 



Alrighty, so, eyelid primer:

Then, eyeshadow. Again, the swatches look kind of strange thanks to my wonky camera. The colors from top left to bottom right: flora, fauna, spell, deep sleep, thorns, raven black. They are the same consistency-- slightly dry, but very pigmented. I don't really like the colors as much as the first palette, but they are very Maleficent like. I also don't really understand the concept of a grey highlighting shade and I am slightly nervous about using a black eyeshadow now that I am out of my angsty preteen years. The top three shades are used for the day look; flora for the highlight, fauna all over the lid, and spell on the outer corner and crease. The bottom three shades are used for the night shade; deep sleep for the highlight, thorns all over the lid, and raven black on the outer corner and crease. Raven black is also smudged on the lower lash line to create a smokey eye effect. 


Then mascara, eyeliner, and one fake lash later and the eyes are done... 


Add the lip color and the look is finished!

Day look:

Night look:

And... the look together...


The looks actually look really similar. I like the night look of this one, other than the highlight shade. Also, the lip shade is really awesome too. It's really nice berry red and it's not as sticky as the Evil Queen lip shade. 
I definitely think this was worth the money. All of the products are not perfect, but you get 7 products for 10 bucks. Plus, it's a Disney collectible, so I'm all good. Overall, I consider this a good buy. 

Courtnie's World...
... 3 posts took way too long because of my tiny attention span. This was an all day event
... I'm thinking of using these for some Halloween looks, hint hint
... I recognized the Miller Tale (From the Canterbury Tales) from the two last lines spoken on a TV show. HUGE English nerd moment. 

Xoxo, Courtnie





No comments:

Post a Comment