Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Quick, easy fix for broken makeup

Hey, y'all! Today I wanted to tell you about a super easy way to fix your broken power makeup. This works for anything that comes in a powder or pressed form (blush, bronzer, eyeshadow, foundation, etc.). I have even used this for loose powder eyeshadows and turned them into pressed eyeshadows. So, let's break it down.
Here's what you need to fix up that makeup!
Ingredients:
1. Rubbing alcohol
2. Something to mix it with (I used the end of a pen, when I mean anything, I mean anything!)
  Two things, y'all, both of which I'm sure you already have somewhere in your house. If you don't, you can get rubbing alcohol for a dollar. Can you handle it? 1$ to fix all the powdered makeups you'll ever own? I think yes.

Directions:
1. Pour alcohol into container a tiny bit at a time
2. Stir gently, make sure to break up the chunks
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you have a completely smooth and creamy product
4. Let it dry over night
   Super duper easy! Just remember that you can always add more alcohol, but it's very hard to take it away if you add too much (Just like in cooking!). So, when I say add the alcohol a tiny bit at a time, I mean as small as you can at a time. I poured some into the cap first and then added about a 1/4 of a cap-full until I was satisfied. I'm pretty sure all the alcohol just evaporates, but better safe than sorry, right?

I made a little bit of a mess with mine, but I cannot do anything without making a mess out of it. I'm not really sure why I felt the need to swatch it, but I did. You can always use your makeup in this creamy form because it doesn't lose any pigmentation. In fact, when it is wet, it gains some pigmentation. It's your makeup, you do what you want.

So, here is what it looks like in the morning. I didn't get all of the clumps out, but hey, much better than before!

Ta Da! New makeup! Woohoo! I hope this was helpful to y'all. Let me know what you think, if you have tried this before, or if there are any other methods of fixing broken makeup.

Courtnie's World...
...I'm going to HR today to start on my paperwork for my new job! Exciting!
...Chili for dinner
... I got paid today, woo!

Xoxo, Courtnie




2 comments:

  1. Nice tip!! Try using a hairdryer next time..i think the heat may make it smoother and you wont have to wait till morning :) Works for lipbalms and lipsticks very well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll have to try that next time. :)

      Delete