Tuesday, October 15, 2013

How to: Winged Eyeliner

Hey, y'all! Today is going to be a pretty simple post. I just wanted to show you guy show I do my winged eyeliner, a look that I do almost daily. I feel like winged eyeliner makes it look like you tried a lot harder on your makeup and it only takes a couple of extra seconds. Just so y'all know, I did this after I already put the rest of my face on.

My favorite eyeliner for this is Waterproof Eyeliner Pen from E.L.F. I really like this one because it is a liquid liner in the form of a felt tipped pen. Y'all know how challenged I am when it comes to liquid liner, so this is wonderful. I know there are other liners out there like this, but I'm poor and this is what I have. 

I start out by pulling my eyelid out. I do this because I have really fatty lids and I don't want my eyeliner to smear all over the place. You may not need to do this, but I don't think it could hurt either. 

 
I line my eyes, starting out with a very thin line and build from there. You can always add more, but it is really difficult to take away. I usually thicken the line the closer I get to the outer corner. 


I then draw a line "extending" from my lower lash line to the end of my eyebrows. It will look weird, but just go with me on this one, y'all! 

Then, connect the line you just created and the end of the line on your top lid. There is going to be naked skin between these two lines. Fret not, y'all, we're gonna take care of that. Just make sure that the outline is the length and thickness that you are going after.

When the outline is good to go, just color it in. This is where the felt-tip pen comes in handy. It's like coloring with a tiny marker. Super easy! So yeah, this is what it will look like when you are done:

See, it looks weird when you look down, but when look up, you're good to go. That's all that matters right? I mean, unless you are looking down all day, then maybe not. Anyway! That's it, easy peasy, especially once you start doing it on the daily. I hope this was helpful to y'all. 


Courtnie's World...
... I really need to catch up on some homework
... Nerd Alert: I was reading a book about Sylvia Plath right before this because she is one of my favorite poets. 
... To all the ladies reading this, y'all need to go here  and educate yourselves. Self-examinations are important. My momma is a survivor, so this stuff is important to me. It only takes a few minutes and it can catch it earlier. 

Xoxo, Courtnie





No comments:

Post a Comment