Monday, October 14, 2013

DIY sugar scrub

So, this post is just another easy beauty DIY. This is a super easy, super cheap, sugar scrub. I made this for my momma for Mother's Day. It makes a ton and lasts forever. This is all you need:
1.Dawn Ultra Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty Dishwashing liquid ( I used the lavender kind, but the Pomegranate is good too. Momma just likes purple more than pink.)
2. Sugar
3. A Mason Jar

You probably already have sugar, mason jars are less than a dollar and the soap is only a couple bucks, so this is wonderfully cheap. To make the sugar scrub all you do is combine about 2/3 parts sugar and 1/3 parts soap in a mason jar. That is an estimate. I usually do it in layers, putting in a little of each at a time and stirring every other layer. This makes it a lot easier to mix and makes the constancy much more even.
That is it!! Seriously, 3 "ingredients", and it takes maybe 5 minutes to make from start to finish. I think this is God's gift to every woman who ever wanted to exfoliate her hands. I think this sugar scrub is just as good as any of the other hand exfoliaters  and you know exactly what's in it. This stuff makes great a great gift, can be put in spa baskets, you can sell it, you can make just a little bit when you need a little somethin' for your dry hands this winter, anything! I cannot express to y'all how much I love this stuff. Do yourself a favor and make some.

Courtnie's World...
... I'm back in Richmond, woot!
... It's fall break, so no school 'til Wednesday.
... My little sister, Kennedy, bought these for me! Isn't she wonderful?

Xoxo, Courtnie

No comments:

Post a Comment