Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Fake Eyelashes: "How to" from start to finish

Hello, everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday! Today I wanted to talk about false eyelashes, focusing more on the before and after and less on how to apply them. I feel like there are tons of videos, blog posts, etc on how to apply fake eyelashes, but not many on how to pick out what you need or the maintenance of the lashes.

So, first, you have to figure out what eyelashes you are going to get. The three that I picked out result in three different looks.

The first set is number 53 by Salon Perfect. The name "Perfectly Natural" says it all. These lashes would be for everyday looks. They add just enough length and volume for someone who has smaller eyelashes. These are the eyelashes that I am going to be using for the application process.

The next set are called "Demi Wispies" by Salon Perfect. These are great for cat-eye or a pin up girl look. they have longer lashes on the end, so it sort of gives a winged look without having to bother with eyeliner. 

Finally, this last one is number 105 by Ardell. These are definitely for a more glamorous look because these bad boys are LONG. I probably would not wear these unless I was wearing a costume or going out to da club (which I don't do cause I'm a grannie).

Also, this is the lash glue that I use. I ran out of the white glue, but I still have the dark glue. This is the same formula as the white glue, it just dries into a dark color instead of drying clear. Since I am really messy, this can be problematic, but if y'all are some kind of fake eyelash professionals, this shouldn't be a problem.

The next step in this whole process is the application of the eyelashes. I started with my makeup-ed face after school. I'm suing the number 53, like I said before.

I start out by applying a thin layer of glue, adding a little extra on the ends and the middle. I do this because I feel like these are the areas that the lashes start to come off. Don't forget to let the glue dry for about 30 seconds so it will become tacky. 

Then, I put the lashes on the middle of my lid first. Then I hold it down on the inner and outer corners of my eyes for about 15 seconds. 

After the eyelashes have set on my eye, I curl them very lightly with my eyelash curler. I don't use much pressure because I don't want the lashes coming off. Then, I add a coat of mascara to make sure that my lashes and the false lashes all go together and don't separate from each other. 

And this is the final look that you get with these lashes. See? Nothing crazy. In fact, if I were one of those girls that were blessed with long eyelashes, they would look like this. I really like these and I wear them fairly often. 

Okay, so say that you are done with these for the day. There is really no special way to get these off. If you are a really big baby, or you have had them on all day, you might want to dip a q-tip in some oil-free makeup remover and run it over the lash base to loosen it a little bit. I usually just pull them off gently. After you pull them off they will look like they do in the second picture.

Now, I like to reuse my lashes because there is no reason that you can't and because I would be wasting money if I threw them away after only one use. I just clean mine off and use them again. To clean them off, I just pick the glue off with my fingers (it comes off really easily) and them clean then with a makeup removing wipe or a q-tip dipped in a makeup remover. After they are clean, I put them back in their original packaging to make sure they stay clean and so they keep their shape. 

I also put on the demi wispies and the 105 lashes so you could see what they looked like. 

105
Demi wispies
Left: 105; Right: Demi wispies


I hope this helped some of you guys in the fake eyelash department. Once you get the hang of it, they're really easy! Thanks for reading :)

Courtnie's World...
... I'm making a big dinner tonight: BBQ, scalloped potatoes, carrots, and rolls. YUM!
... I finally started organizing my makeup. It's about time. I've only lived here for 3 months.
... Wanna see my ghetto camera set up since I don't have a tripod? My camera goes on top of all that.

Xoxo, Courtnie

















5 comments:

  1. Many designers also apply different creams and shadows to provide you a different look and if you use mink eye lashes that will provide you a next century look

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello,

    right day my pals, desire you also are nice. After going thru the manner of eyelash extensions, you can actually without difficulty forget about to use mascara, which she needed to at regular time durations.or as a minimum on every occasion happening an outing. The technique is sufficient to replace the use of mascara. See more: Strip Lashes

    You are welcome
    Sherman

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your this post while searching for some related information on blog search...Its a good post..keep posting and update the information.
    high definition brows

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as informative. For amazing info visit once Eyelashes Extensions

    ReplyDelete